You know you're living in the year 2003 when:
- Your reason for not staying in touch with family is because they do not have e-mail addresses.
- You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
- You call your son's beeper to let him know it's time to eat. He e-mails you back from his bedroom, "What's for dinner?"
- Your daughter sells Girl Scout Cookies via her web site.
- You chat several times a day with a stranger from South Africa, but you haven't spoken with your next door neighbor yet this year.
- You check the ingredients on a can of chicken noodle soup tosee if it contains Echinacea.
- Your grandmother asks you to send her a JPEG file of your newborn so she can create a screen saver.
- You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
- Every commercial on television has a web site address at the bottom of the screen.
- You buy a computer and 6 months later it is out of date and now sells for half the price you paid.
- Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go get it.
- Using real money, instead of credit or debit, to make a purchase would be a hassle & takes planning.
- Cleaning up the dining room means getting the fast food bags out of the back seat of your car.
- You just tried to enter your password on the microwave.
- You consider second day air delivery painfully slow.
- Your dining room table is now your flat filing cabinet.
- Your idea of being organized is multiple colored Post-it notes.
- You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.
- You get an extra phone line so you can get phone calls.
- You disconnect from Internet & get this awful feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
- You get up in morning and go on-line before getting your coffee.
- You wake up at 2 AM to go to the bathroom and check your E-mail on your way back to bed.
- You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)
- You're reading this.
- Even worse, you're going to forward it to someone else.
Living in 2003
Forwarded to me by my mom. Numbers 12, 17 and 21 rang home for me. heh.